WhatsApp Status allows you to share photos and videos with people using the messaging service, which has become a ubiquitous social media platform in India. WhatsApp used to be an app where you could only chat with people, but a few years ago a feature called WhatsApp Status was added to it. This is very similar to Snapchat and Instagram stories, where things you upload are deleted after 24 hours.
WhatsApp status is very easy to create and if you want to see someone else’s status, you can do so by going to Status tab in WhatsApp. But what to do if you want to download WhatsApp status?
Well, if you own an Android smartphone, you will be glad to know that you can save WhatsApp status videos and photos by following these easy steps listed below.
We have often seen a lot of funny WhatsApp status videos that we have saved with this method so it is useful to know.
Read More How To Use WhatsApp Pay?
How to save WhatsApp status video on Android?
This whole process requires a file manager to be on your Android smartphone. To keep things simple, we have used the Google Files app for this tutorial, a free file manager app for Android. You can easily download and install it through Google Play.
Now, follow these steps to save WhatsApp status video to your Android smartphone:
- Open the Google Files app on your Android smartphone, click the hamburger icon in the upper left corner and tap on Settings.
- On the next screen, enable Show hidden files.
- Now go back to the main menu of the files app and tap on the internal storage.
- Now go to WhatsApp folder> Media> ‘.Statuses’.
- To save a photo or video, press and hold and tap Copy. Now paste the file into any folder of your choice on the phone’s internal storage.
By following these steps, now you will be able to download whatsapp status videos and photos. This method allows you to open any WhatsApp status even if more than 24 hours have passed since the status was posted.